Verdicts & Settlements
The following is a sample list of case results in which Stephen F. DeAntonio and/or the DeAntonio Law Firm, LLC acted as sole counsel, lead counsel or co-counsel. This list should not be considered as a description or characterization of the Firm’s quality of representation. This list should not be interpreted as a guarantee of a specific result for your case and should not and cannot be relied upon to create any specific expectation. Every case is different and must be evaluated on its own merit. Any result achieved on behalf of other clients in other matters does not indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients. Sums do not reflect clients’ net recovery.
- $11,000,000 ~ Default judgment against author of book “Orders to Kill” after settlement with two publishers.
- $1,500,000 ~ Libel case against national book publisher.
- $600,000 ~ Newspaper libels government employee.
- $500,000 ~ Counseling firm libels patient’s father.
- $375,000 ~ National media company libels a member of law enforcement.
- $325,000 ~ Libel complaint against media and non-media defendants.
- $250,000 ~ School librarian’s suit against school district for embezzlement allegations.
- $200,000 ~ Apartment maintenance worker libeled by former employer.
- $145,000 ~ Homeowner’s case against attorney and client for libel.
- $135,000 ~ Attorney volunteer libeled by school district.
- $125,000 ~ College student falsely accused of sexual assault.
- $106,000 ~ Vessel captain maligned in industry blog.
- $100,000 ~ Employee slandered by realty group.
- $100,000 ~ Worker’s Compensation claimant’s libel matter against insurance company for letter to carrier’s doctor.
- $95,000 ~ School Board member libels volunteer in email.
- $70,000 ~ 1 day jury trial in Lancaster County over blog posts; includes $50,000.00 punitive damage award.
- $70,000 ~ Construction company defames project manager.
- $50,000 ~ Property manager falsely alleged security guard vandalized lock.
- $50,000 ~ Teacher falsely accused by school district of not complying with policy.
- $45,000 ~ TV station reports businessman was behind bars.
- $45,000 ~ Television news story wrongly reported criminal charges.
- $30,000 ~ Phys Ed teacher falsely accused by school district of endangering student who injured himself in class.
Wrongful Death/ Personal Injury
- POLICY LIMITS ~ Liability and UIM coverages, in pedestrian fatality caused by distracted driver who was texting.
- POLICY LIMITS ~ Liability and UIM coverages, in death case of moped driver.
- $1,000,000 ~ Worker exposed to lethal, toxic fumes.
- $450,000 ~ Mild brain injury case.
- $270,000 ~ Passenger’s case against driver in one car collision.
- $220,500 ~ Family of four rear-ended.
- Confidential ~ Nursing home case for excessively medicating.
- $150,000 ~ Soft tissue injury against driver who had been drinking.
- $126,700 ~ Motor cyclist clipped by uninsured driver.
- $115,000 ~ On about $13,000.00 in medicals, young girl injured as passenger in car driven by drunk driver.
- $110,000 ~ Combined default judgement and settlement.
- $80,000 ~ Thumb injury in failure to yield right of way case.
- $75,000 ~ Back Injury from slip on store floor.
- $60,000 ~ Mother and daughter wrongly detained at store while Christmas shopping.
- Confidential ~ Veterinary drug caused adverse effects upon exposure.
- $30,000 ~ False arrest and malicious prosecution against restaurant.
- $200,000 ~ Dancer’s appropriation case against advertising agency and state agency for unauthorized use of her photograph.
- $100,000 ~ Sailor’s case against network for appropriation of character without permission.
Business/ Insurance Litigation
- $175,000 ~ Store owners’ case against insurance broker for failure to procure proper policy.
- $75,000 ~ Insurance company claimed no coverage for theft claim.